Wednesday, February 8, 2012

She (For Liz)

My vocal chords have been fighting
My mouth likes to spite me
It never says the words that come to mind
I brought a stick to a gunfight 
And I'm stuck with my tongue tied.
I run but I can't hide what's always there.



She
--she is the words that I can't find
How can the only thing that's killing me
Make me feel so alive?
and I couldn't speak
I couldn't breathe to save my life!
All of my chances swim like sinking ships
This time it's it--
I'll drown or make her mine.

I don't know what it is about this song...but I love it. Ever since the concert Monday...I cannot get this song out of my head! 

It's seriously.....probably my favorite right now.

"Laughing that the one thing I can't get is what I need!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.