Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Fighter

The Fray. Always a comfort.


I have a million things I could say about this song. I have a million reasons I'm listening to this song. The imagery and emotion in it is beautiful and absolutely captivating.

I feel the lover's and the fighter's plight--maybe we were meant to be lonely? But maybe we don't have to be all alone?

Especially when the fighter says "I know, I know, I know." That is my universal answer to everything--I'm always wrong, and I always know it. Even when I know the things I'm grasping at are right.

But what I feel is the most important line, the one I hope inspires self-reflection, will remain on its own:

"What breaks your bones,
             is not the load you're carrying
  what breaks you down
                is all in how you carry."

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.