Thursday, November 8, 2012

"I was hoping that you and I...."

I promised myself my Vampire Diaries obsession would stay hidden...but this.

This changed things.

For those of you who know what I'm talking about....I am strongly opposed to Stefan and Elena.

I like Damon. I think he's secretly the better brother. I think it's cruel of the Producers/Writers of the show to keep him always in pain.

But this scene changed my mind. The bond between Stefan and Elena....his face when she says his name?

Love is sharing things. Love is sharing pain as well as joy. Love is...this scene. That one person who can offer comfort in the midst of the most horrible feelings you've ever felt.

I even would argue that the pain on Stefan's face as she tells him she loves him is a manifestation of love as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFC0DdcPUW0&feature=related

I feel like....I was expecting to really hate Stefan...but instead of hating him, I really sympathize with him in this scene. Painfully so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.