Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lullaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3HRiYmCO8&feature=related

I don't care if you love or hate Billy Joel. Click this link and delight in this a Capella cover of his song "Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel)"

I have a few words to say about these lyrics:

"someday we'll all be gone,
but lullabies go on and on.
they never die--
that's how you and I will be."

Or:

"I promised I would never leave you
and you should always know--
wherever you may go
no matter you are,
I never will be far away."

Or even:

"someday your child may cry
and if you sing this lullaby
there in your heart
there will always be a part of me."

and especially:

"I'm rocking you to sleep--
the water's dark and deep
inside this ancient heart
you'll always be a part of me."

I am totally singing this song to my children. It is so beautiful. So....heart-warming.

This song embodies what love for a child should sound like, if such love had a sound. It would be comforting, patient, kind and harmonious. Soft, and wave-y.
Beautiful.

Full of the spirit and joy and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.