Sunday, October 21, 2012

What I Need Most

It's been a long time since I've felt like I did today.



This last couple of weeks have been hard. I've been struggling to hit capacity. I have never ever had so many things to do, and I'll be honest...they're not all getting done. I'm getting tired--physically and mentally and spiritually. I'm trying so hard, and I feel nothing is coming from it.

Every Sunday, my ward does "ward prayer"--we get together, sing a song, and then the bishop shares a message with us, and we get down on our knees and pray together. I don't usually go--I'm usually not home for it.

But this week I went. And it's a good thing I did. A girl in my ward sang the song I posted above--it was beautiful, and it really set me thinking....and then my Bishop got up to talk.

He talked about a phrase that we say in our prayers a lot:

"Heavenly Father, please forgive me for my sins and weaknesses."

We discussed the difference between sins and weakness (singular) and he shared 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:

For when I am weak, then I am strong."

It occurred to me just then that I need to stop worrying about "being superman", I suppose. I can't catch everything. But I can if I admit my weakness and turn my life over to God. He will help me to do what I need, and the rest will fall into/out of place as is necessary.

1 comment:

  1. You are a fantastic writer! I really needed to hear this today, so thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.