Monday, April 21, 2014

Beauty is Experience

I'm pretty sure that if you put me into a philosophical time period, I'd be a Romantic. I love beautiful things. I love experience and emotions and smells (though those are hard for me sometimes) and colors and sounds. I love singing and I love flowers and I love smiles and I love the ocean and babies.

I love it all, but I can't imagine being deprived of my sight. These people are, and they experience beauty in a depth that I don't think I'll ever reach.


I want to live my life in a way that helps me get here, where these people are. To be able to sense the essence of myself inside my babies someday instead of simply seeing it in their eyes or nose? To have myself blinded to aesthetic displeasure and focused on the experience of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.