Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hope

Studying my scriptures is definitely something I should do a lot more often. Why? Because it always seems that I can't get through a single chapter without finding something incredibly profound and relatable to my life.

Moroni 10:22
"And if ye have no hope ye must needs be in despair; and despair cometh because of iniquity."
I've been struggling with this hope thing lately. I feel like I've really picked up on a lot of things here at BYU, really learned valuable lessons, really found myself. But having hope that the future will be okay? That sometimes (frequently, actually) eludes me.

And as I read this scripture, I thought to myself "we only lose hope when we let go of it". And if hope is something that I desparately want--why would I ever let go of it??

I don't think it's something that anyone does intentionally. Maybe scripture study and daily prayer slip.....maybe small acts of service are forgotten....and then hope slips away as we slowly lose grip on our lives.

So basically, I need to step it up.

And I need to be understanding with myself when I fail. Because I will sometimes. And that's not okay, but it's not the end of the world. My hope doesn't need to go away forever because of one mistake. I need to be able to pick myself up, walk back to where Christ is standing, kneel and ask to be forgiven, and then let him lead me on.


Perhaps this is one of the most important things we can ask of our Savior. Perhaps it is one of the most important things He can give us.

Rest.

And if He cannot take the burdens from us, He can strengthen our backs. We can bear all things in Him. We just need to live so that we can have hope in Him.

I need to live so that I can have hope in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rach! I love your blog! Keep writing and they will come:-) :-) I have tried to comment in the past and the comment wouldn't post! I am sure it is my silliness causing it though! You are awesome and I have learned a lot from reading what you write, thanks for sharing your insights with us!

    ReplyDelete

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.