Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where are you, life?

With a lot going on right now, I thought maybe I'd take a second to share some things that have been in my head today--quotes, thoughts, whatnot.

"We all let people into our lives, but you will find that really good friends let you into your own."





"If we did all the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves." --Thomas Edison

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense." --Buddha

Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.



"The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually live one day. She did not intend on being one of them."

You have found a place in my heart, and so that place is yours. It will fly your flag, speak your language, and honor you with festive parades forever.

We will never be the same as we were before this loss, but we are ever so much better for having had something so great to lose.



Just when you think you know love, something comes along to remind you just how big it really is.

"I'm not sure," she said "at what point it is advisable to admit to liking you a great deal more than I planned."

The world is not going to come to you. The sooner you realize this, the more time you'll have to pack.



Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away. And all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.

"She took a deep breath, declared herself free and thanked herself for being so patient with it."

It is without question our duty to honor the love of every humble heart as we would our very own. Greater are those who are with love than all who are against.



Love is not just caring deeply, above all it is 
understanding. 
--Francoise Sagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of writing should never stand alone--it should always be surrounded by opinion and companionship. So comment! Tell me what you think! Seriously. I'll never get better at this writing thing unless there's opposition. Argue with me. Praise me. Hate me. Love me. But write about it, please.